Whenever we discuss skincare, men have always kept it simple. However, men have become more serious about caring for their skin. It makes it an excellent time for men to evaluate and work on their skincare routine.
The first step is to identify your skin type:
- Sensitive skin may sting or burn if not taken care of properly.
- Normal skin is completely clear and not sensitive.
- Dry skin is unclear, flaky, itchy or rough.
- Talking about oily skin, it is shiny, greasy and sometimes acne-pro.
- Combination skin is not the same all around. In some skin areas, it is dry but oily in others.
Understanding the skin type is your first step towards skin rejuvenation. It directly assists you in caring for your skin and selecting the right skincare products.
- Searching for the right products: If you have those tiry, acne-prone skin, search for smooth oil-free cleansers and moisturizers. It will open your pores and help you to move towards transparent skin. For sensitive skin, you can go for fragrance-free products.
- Wash your face daily: Choose a mild facial cleanser to wash your face. Rinse it with lukewarm water. Avoid using ordinary soap.
- Watch your shaving technique and moisturize daily: For some men, multi-blade razors can work too well if you don't stretch your skin. If you experience razor bumps, use a single or double-blade razor. Before wetting your skin, use moisturizing shaving cream and shave toward hair growth. It is a great habit to moisturize daily and especially after shaving. Rinse after each swipe and change your blade after five to seven shaves.
- Examine your skin: New spots or moles that itch, bleed, or change colour are often early warning signs of skin cancer, and it is best to consider seeking a dermatologist. Men above 50 are more likely to develop melanoma, a deadly skin cancer. The general population can be diagnosed with it easily if they are unaware. However, skin cancer is treatable to an incredible limit if you can catch it in the early stage.
- You must wear sunscreen outdoors: Sun damage directly causes wrinkles, skin cancer and age spots. Put sunscreen on entire exposed skin areas. These areas include your scalp, ears, neck and lips. For best protection, prefer using a water-resistant, oil-free, spectrum sunscreen. Using sunscreen that comes with an SPF of 30 or higher will be good. Apply it again and again after every two hours or immediately after swimming or sweating. Other measures to prevent sun damage are protecting your skin by seeking shade with an umbrella or other actions and wearing sun-protective clothing. Select clothing with a UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) label for more effective sun protection.
Every man's skin is different and unique. If you still have confusion regarding your skin type or have any questions about the ways to do skin care, consult a dermatologist.
Basic routine for men using Press skin care products
Each formula contains ingredients in the dosages that will do the most for your skin. Formula changes with the skin type.
- Exfoliation: The first step is to exfoliate twice a week, to remove dead skin cells. Use MEN'S FACIAL SCRUB 2 oz for better results.
- Cleansing: Wash your face with a cleaner on damp skin first thing in the morning or after exfoliating. Try Men's Facial Cleanser by Press Skin Care.
- Put on your serums: The press serum is applied after cleansing and before moisturizing. Apply Men's Facial Serum 202 by Press Care for the best results.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizing is a very important step that one should not avoid in daily life to maintain your skin's hydration.
- Sunscreen: This is the last but the most essential part of skincare, as applying sunscreen is necessary.